Who is Newt Gingrich? What does he stand for? Who is against him?
- Israel: There is no moral equivalency between Israel and terrorist organizations Hamas and Fatah. Israel is a democracy with the rule of law / christian post labeled President Obama’s Israeli-Palestinian policy a “disaster” Gingrich said Obama’s remarks were “extraordinarily dangerous,” and further stated that “a president who can’t control his own border probably shouldn't lecture Israel about their border... I think that defining the 1967 border would be an act of suicide for Israel. They are totally non-defensible.”
- Healthcare mandate: Gingrich speaking during an appearance on Meet the Press in October 1993:
“I am for people, individuals -- exactly like automobile insurance -- individuals having health insurance and being required to have health insurance. And I am prepared to vote for a voucher system which will give individuals, on a sliding scale, a government subsidy so we insure that everyone as individuals have health insurance.” Newsmax.com: Gingrich Backs Obamacare's Individual Mandate Requiring Health Insurance
- Jobs: The poor should learn to work at jobs and eventually own them.
- Immigration Amnesty Linda Chavez: amnesty for those illegal immigrants who have been here for a long time, have deep family and community ties, and have paid taxes and avoided breaking other laws. He didn't have to spend a lot of time defending his position because so few conservatives cared.
- Anwar al-Awlaki: killing Awlaki: Gingrich says the president did the right thing; Paul says he’s open to trying to impeach the president. “The fact is, Congressman Paul is wrong about the law,” the former House speaker told me. “He’s wrong about the Constitution.” link: Planning and directing terror plots to kill American civilians en masse is not a crime, to be handled through the judicial system; it is an act of war against the United States. Ron Paul opposed the killing
- Cuba: Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich vowed Monday night that as president he will overthrow the regime of Fidel Castro.
- Fort Hood Massacre: This was an act of war. It was an act of terrorism. This was committed by a person who had been actively in touch with and actively supportive of terrorist activities, and I think it takes a willful blindness to minimize this.: fox news Ron Paul says radical Islam is not a threat.
- Ground Zero Mosque: The Atlantic There should be no mosque near Ground Zero in New York so long as there are no churches or synagogues in Saudi Arabia. The time for double standards that allow Islamists to behave aggressively toward us while they demand our weakness and submission is over." Ron Paul supports building the mosque
- Hamas: There is no moral equivalency between Israel and terrorist organizations Hamas and Fatah. Israel is a democracy with the rule of law. Hamas is an evil organization publicly dedicated to destroying Israel and preparing for terror against civilians (including a 3 month old baby deliberately slaughtered). There can be no peace until Hamas is defeated. Ron Paul believes Hamas is the legitimate elected government
- Iran: called for regime change in Iran, saying the U.S. and its allies could ‘break’ the country within a year. Spelling out a strategy far more radical than anything put forward by Barack Obama to deal with Iran’s nuclear ambitions, Mr Gingrich said the U.S. could solve the problem by cutting off the country’s fuel supplies and sabotaging its sole oil refinery.uk daily mail
- Occupy Wall Street: The movement "starts with the premise that we all owe them everything," said Gingrich. And the movement's sense of entitlement is a "symptom how much the left has collapsed as a moral system in this country, and why you need to reassert something as simple as saying, 'Go get a job right after you take a bath,'" the former speaker of the House concluded. weekly standard
- Ron Paul: Paul said, “I think the Patriot Act is unpatriotic because it undermines our liberty … Timothy McVeigh was a vicious terrorist. He was arrested” — and Gingrich shot back, saying, “Timothy McVeigh succeeded. That’s the whole point.” “I don’t want a law that says after we lose a major American city, we’re sure going to come and find you,” Gingrich added. “I want a law that says, you try to take out an American city, we’re going to stop you.” daily caller
- Sharia: “Sharia in its natural form has principles and punishments totally abhorrent to the Western world, and the underlying basic belief which is that law comes directly from God and is therefore imposed upon humans and no human can change the law without it being an act of apostasy is a fundamental violation of a tradition in the Western system which goes back to Rome, Athens, and Jerusalem and which has evolved in giving us freedom across the planet on a scale we can hardly imagine and which is now directly threatened by those who would impose it”
- Tax increase on millionaires: Obama’s call for a 30 percent tax on millionaires is the “most destructive anti-jobs proposal by a president in my lifetime.” Gingrich: Obama Tax Plan Will Bring Economic Destruction
- Aljazeera: Stereotypes are the lazy person's way of dealing with other people. Newt Gingrich is seen to be full of them. Gingrich has decades of racially coded messaging under his belt. In 1994 and 1995, he repeatedly spouted off, blaming a series of horrific mostly minority-related crimes on liberal Democrats and the sort of welfare state society they had created - rather than holding the criminals themselves responsible
- Alan Grayson Via Newsbusters: I think there’s a sort of race between [Newt’s] egomania and his racism. And I think he’s running the most overtly racist campaign that I’ve seen in this country since George Wallace.
- Anti-Semites: Stormfront, CAIR, Code Pink, Rense
- CAIR: The Council for American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is accusing former House Speaker Newt Gingrich—along with deceased al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden—of “pushing Islamaphobia” in the United States. The report—“Same Hate, New Target: Islamaphobia and Its Impact in the United States, January 2009-December 2010” listed “individuals, institutions and groups” that CAIR argues were “at the center of pushing Islamophobia in America during the period covered” by the report. Among those listed were Newt Gingrich—and Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda.
- Code Pink: According to the Code Pink website, they “took inspiration from Nick Espinosa, who 'glittered' Newt Gingrich at a conference in Minneapolis.” trendhunter
- Conservative Republicans - immigration amnesty, health care mandate, ethics violations, marriages Mitt Romney,
- Glenn Beck “he’s a progressive, would rather vote for Ron Paul”
- David Duke: In early 1995, Congressman Newt Gingrich, Speaker of the House, fired his newly appointed congressional librarian, Christina Jeffrey,2 for having once suggested that history students, when studying the Holocaust should also be exposed to the German point of view. davidduke
- Infowars/Alex Jones: Mr New World Order: The anointment of Gingrich as Republican frontrunner is just the latest desperate bid to fool voters into supporting anyone other than Ron Paul
- amocentrists: CAIR, Aljazeerah
- Media Matters: Gingrich compares NYC Islamic community center to "Nazis"
- Rense.com: anti-semitic conspiracy website
- Joel Skosen Anyone who holds up Newt Gingrich (the ultimate Republican deceiver) as an example of trust is dangerously ignorant.
- Stormfront: (white nationalist) pro-Ron Paul newsboard:
- TomatoBubble: right wing anti-semitic NWO conspiracy site calls him a “zionist sock puppet”
- VDARE calls him “anti-white” quota king
- Veterans Today: Johnny Punish (on occupy wall street slam) Self-Appointed Historian and Resident Con-Man Newt Gingrich’s Mocking of U.S. Citizens Highlights Deeper More Sinister and Dark Political Challenge to a Future America
- White Nationalists: Stormfront, Ron Paul, David Duke
- Chuck Norris
- Fred Thompson
- Linda Chavez
- Pamela Geller
- Rick Perry
- Sarah Palin (just to keep race going) They, thinking that by trotting out this old Gingrich divorce interview that's old news -- and it does feature a disgruntled ex, claiming that it would destroy his campaign -- all this does, Sean, is incentivize conservatives and independents who are so sick of the politics of personal destruction, because it's played so selectively by the media, that their target, in this case Newt, he's now going to soar even more.Newsmax.com: Palin Defends Gingrich on Marriage Thomas Sowell