Tuesday, April 03, 2012

What Ever Happened to "Why I Bl*ck People:" Kenneth Eng?

The Village Voice carried this back in 2009, Kenneth Eng an Asian American neo-Nazi celebrated the Virginia Tech shootings . 

Sharing in the Gory

Already a pariah, Kenneth Eng goes even lower

Back in February, Kenneth Eng made news for writing a column titled "Why I Hate Blacks" in the Bay Area–based newspaper AsianWeek. Not a stunt—Eng apparently really did hate black people (and whites, and even other Asians, according to other of his writings). Embarrassed by the publicity, AsianWeek fired Eng and published a front-page apology.
But Eng is far more bent on destruction—or just plain bent—than anyone realized.
Eight hours after the executions of 32 students at Virginia Tech, Eng posted a grainy video of himself on YouTube. "Good morning, America," says an exuberant Eng from his New York apartment, "I'd just like to say that I just read about the Virginia Tech incident and it was the funniest thing I ever read in my life."
The video was pulled, and then reposted a week later. But now, Eng tells the Voice that he has something else to say about Cho Seung-hui's bloody rampage in Virginia: He wants credit for it.
Eng likes to believe that his own hate-filled writings about non-Asians motivated Cho, and as far as we can tell, he's serious. Eng also claims to "admire" Cho for the worst individual mass-murder in American history, and tells the Voice that he, at one time, planned to go on his own killing spree while he was a student at NYU, but couldn't afford a firearm.

And there is this 2007 post by Shadmia

Kenneth Eng – Is He a Danger?

Posted by shadmia on August 13, 2007
kenneth-eng.jpg cho-seung-hui.jpg
Kenneth Eng, the infamous author of Why I Hate Blacks and many other racist articles, is in the news again. The last time he was in the news, he was trying to take credit for the VA Tech murders committed by Cho Seung-Hui. This time he is involved in his own legal problems.
Kenneth Eng who lives in Bayside, NY, was arrested May 9 for threatening the neighbor, Marissa Addison, 29, and her mother, Jane Rosovich, who were standing with their two dogs on their lawn in front of their Queens home. He is accused of yelling at Addison, saying, “If your dog bites me, I will kill you and your family,” and then swinging a hammer at her, missing her by inches. He pleaded guilty in Queens County Court to an indictment charging him with attempted assault and harassment over the incident.
Queens County Judge Dorothy Chin-Brandt ordered Eng to attend a 12-month outpatient mental health program. If Eng fails to comply with the program’s requirements and fails to take his medication, or if he violates his neighbors’ orders of protection, he can be re-sentenced to up to 4 years in prison. Eng’s attorney, Joel Dranove, said that the plea was “the correct result of all the hard work by the prosecutors, New York State Department of Mental Hygiene and the doctors.”
However the law has not yet finished with Mr. Eng. After his sentencing the feds showed up with an arrest warrant on a sealed indictment and took Eng into custody. The nature of that case was not immediately known. His attorney, Joel Dranove, of Manhattan, said he expected Eng to appear in Brooklyn federal court on Friday, but had no further comment.
With all of his troubles, Eng seems to be trying to capitalize on his infamy. He has been soliciting publishers in an attempt to get published a book he intends to write in favor of the VA Tech killer, Cho.
“I am writing to ask if you’d be interested in publishing a book I am writing involving the VA Tech Shooting. Entitled “Why I Hate Everything”, it is based on what Asians in this country really believe. It defends Seung-Hui Cho by outlining very harshly that he was the real victim.”
In his solicitation Eng tries to convince publishers that his idea is a good match for both of them as he brings a unique perspective to the killings:
“What’s in it for you? Imagine having the ONLY manuscript that defends the VA Tech Shooter. People will be talking about this for 6 months, and I’m sure there will be a multitude of books filled with sympathy for the people who were gunned down. But my book shows the other side of the story — likely it will be the one book that does so. And my publicity with the “Why I Hate Blacks” article and the Village Voice article that came out today certainly helps.”
He concludes by saying: “If you are interested, I can send you over a synopsis and a sample chapter. Thanks for your time.”
Aside from asserting that he influenced Cho Seung-Hui to go on a killing spree, Kenneth Eng seems to have a disturbing affinity with the VA Tech killer. He certainly displays some very twisted logic in defending his hatred for others:
Eng says Cho’s life—his being institutionalized, stalking female classmates, and professors feeling threatened by his presence in class—eerily resembles his own. Eng was committed, and he was suspended from NYU after spitting on a white classmate. He also admits to stalking a white female student. “All the white and black kids cared about was sucking up to each other and that just really pissed me off,” Eng says of his college classmates. “It would be OK if they kept it to themselves, but what they did was literally try to ruin my life.”
“I wrote a script where I stereotyped whites and blacks, and said that the average white girl is an absolute whore. The teacher went to the dean and had everyone in an uproar. No one would talk to me anymore. That’s when I realized how disgusting these people were.”
It is also clear that when he attended NYU as a student, some of the faculty were very concerned about his presence in the school. In a 2003 memo Eng provided between two Tisch School of the Arts deans, one official wrote:
“It is my belief that Kenneth poses a real threat to the Tisch community and has the capacity to harm or kill someone . . . I would like to offer Kenneth the opportunity, in lieu of a disciplinary hearing, to withdraw from NYU with a refund for the semester.”
Strangely enough Kenneth Eng agrees with the assessment of him by school officials:
Eng says NYU officials were correct to be concerned about him. “Frankly, I was planning on going to NYU and going on a rampage,” he says. “The only thing that stopped me was that I couldn’t afford a gun.”
I am not sure if Kenneth Eng is just a racist with a very big chip on his shoulder, craving publicity, or a mentally unbalanced individual who needs to be closely monitored. Whatever the case, he is a social outcast with very dangerous opinions. He has been arrested by the feds on a sealed indictment and hopefully (though I doubt it) they have something on him that will lead to a very long term association with the Department of Corrections.

Kenneth Eng Full Of Murderous Rage, Savvy Marketing Strategies

Like so many of us, Kenneth "It Should Have Been Me Who Killed All Those White Kids" Eng, has a book in him. It's a lighthearted, "Bill Maherish" romp through a litany of things Kenneth wants all Asians to hate. Ken's e-mail solicitation going out to publishers reveals that the man is a master strategist of the hard sell ("What's in it for you? Imagine having the ONLY manuscript that defends the VA Tech Shooter") with a firm grasp of the publishing industry's current concerns ("Occasionally, I will use personal anecdotes (proof of which I have, to prevent another James Frey) about my many physical and verbal fights with whites and blacks."). Interested? Of course you are. His solicitation follows.
I am writing to ask if you'd be interested in publishing a book I am writing involving the VA Tech Shooting. Entitled "Why I Hate Everything", it is based on what Asians in this country really believe. It defends Seung-Hui Cho by outlining very harshly that he was the real victim.
Originally, this book was about the national controversy I created two months ago with my article "Why I Hate Blacks". This was the last in a series of articles I published in AsianWeek newspaper describing why I as an Asian hate whites, America, conformity, etc. It made national headlines, and was featured on FOX News:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TK4fjMhGn-I http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2007/02/27/MNGTCOBI921.DTL
I have also released a statement that got published yesterday about my support for the VA Tech shooter:
http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0718,hilliard,76520,2.html
The journalist quoted me out of context (for example, I only "stalked" a girl because she was rude to me and I intentionally wanted to creep her out). But it captures what I truly believe about the VA Tech Shooter.
I know that Asians don't really have much of a voice because no one really gives a damn about us. However, with the attention that brave Mr. Cho generated, I think people will listen now. I personally felt like Mr. Cho echoed a lot of what I have said and felt. Asians are suffering in this country. We need to fight.
What's in it for you? Imagine having the ONLY manuscript that defends the VA Tech Shooter. People will be talking about this for 6 months, and I'm sure there will be a multitude of books filled with sympathy for the people who were gunned down. But my book shows the other side of the story — likely it will be the one book that does so. And my publicity with the "Why I Hate Blacks" article and the Village Voice article that came out today certainly helps.
The book is divided into chapters entitled "Why I Hate (something)". They will involve descriptions of why Asians should hate certain things and how we are violated in the US. Occasionally, I will use personal anecdotes (proof of which I have, to prevent another James Frey) about my many physical and verbal fights with whites and blacks. The writing style will be slightly comedic (who wants to read a 300-page rant without humor?). It won't just be a boring textbook-style outline of historical events. It will be a Bill Maherish bashing.
If you are interested, I can send you over a synopsis and a sample chapter. Thanks for your time.
Kenneth Eng, novelist
http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/why-i-hate-blacks-writer-not-sorry-if-im-a-racist-then-so-is-sofia-coppola_b4515
 Scandals

‘Why I Hate Blacks’ Writer Not Sorry: ‘If I’m A Racist Then So Is Sofia Coppola’By Dylan on March 6, 2007 5:35 PM

Kenneth Eng, the writer and former NYU student who set off a firestorm over an article entitled “Why I Hate Blacks” published in Asian Week, told Fox News’ John Gibson that he doesn’t regret anything:


GIBSON: You don’t have any regrets about saying something as overtly racist as you hate somebody because they’re black or because they’re white?


ENG: Evidently Sofia Coppola and Quentin Tarantino have nothing against that and neither does Shaquille O’Neal and Chris Tucker. So I have no regrets at all.


The transcript only gets more insane from there:

GIBSON: Why do you hate blacks?


ENG: Well, you know, just to be blunt, 90 percent of them usually walk up to me and call me, you know, like for instance, ching-chong and stuff like that. I mean, I don’t really give a damn, but you know, I mean, after a while it gets pretty damn annoying. And not to mention they get so much media attention. But you know, I mean aside from that, you probably want to know why I call myself the god of the universe as well.

•‘Why I Hate Blacks’ Author Defends Column [Fox News]


http://mikecane.wordpress.com/2007/05/24/kenneth-che-tew-eng-is-pimping-an-asian-mein-kampf-book-proposal/

This blogger spent a fair amount of time tracking Eng's exploits, and was probably the first to identify Eng as a neo-Nazi.

No comments: