aGE 19 TO 35 (darn...) AND BACHELORS DEGREE WITH CALCULUS ONE AND TWO.DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES??
SERVE PART-TIME IN THE INFORMATION DOMINANCE CORPSINFORMATION PROFESS
Ensure that Navy technology systems remain secure, operational, interoperable and effective.
There are now openings for Information Professionals in the Navy Reserve.
Industry: Military, Technology, Information, IT, Operations, Technology Security, Tactical
Type of Service: Part-time (Reserve Duty)
Type of Position: Officer in the Information Dominance Corps (college degree required)
About this Job: Information Professionals provide expertise in information, command and control, and space systems through planning, acquisition, operation, maintenance and security of systems. In this role:
- Utilize your expertise in information technology to ensure network and system security
- Make sure that systems and data operate safely and efficiently
- Drive interoperability with Joint, Allied and Coalition partners
- Build professional excellence through a continuum of education, training and certification and achievement of successive milestone qualifications and experience
- Optimizing Naval organization effectiveness through cutting-edge technologies, Knowledge Management techniques and a culture of innovation
Key Opportunities: Specialized training in the Navy Reserve prepares Information Professionals for credentialing, certification and/or licensure opportunities from a number of national boards and organizations. There are also distinct professional advantages:
- Pursue opportunities not readily available in civilian practice
- Work in exciting locations across the U.S. or around the globe
- Earn competitive pay, points toward retirement benefits and outstanding insurance options
- Capitalize on a potential opportunity for further education at the Naval Postgraduate School in pursuit of a master’s or doctoral degree in one of many programs
- Distinguish yourself with pride and respect as an Information Professional and Officer in the Navy Reserve
Qualifications and Requirements: Candidates must satisfy specific criteria that vary, depending upon whether currently serving, having served before or having never served.
- U.S. citizenship: Required
- Gender: Male or female
- Age: 19 to 35
- Degree: Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Information Systems, Systems Engineering or General Engineering
- Passed Calculus I and II: Required
- Physical fitness test: Required
- Background investigation: Required
- Service commitment: Minimum of three years of Reserve Duty