Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Video: The Gravedigger - Vancouver Film School

The Gravedigger - Vancouver Film School (VFS)




reated by Vancouver Film School student David Tze Hou Wong through the VFS Classical Animation program.

Top Comments

  • This is an amazing and powerful animation. :D
    I wonder how the Vancouver Film School puts out so many skilled animators... and I wish I had the money and resources to enroll there. <:'|
  • The Gravedigger is interesting video. It represents a childish fantasy that we can fly away from our problems of death. There is nothing simple about life, and the Robot represent the machine of society processing the dead to be consumed by the Earth. You should see cancer patients, lost 5-pints blood, wild bleeding, stomach cancer removed to live another month (only the immediate threat, everywhere), cannot lift up head for two-weeks, claims will live years: This childish fantasy is common.
see all

All Comments (796)

biukucanoe
  • I expected to see wings unfold from one of the dudes getting thrown out at the end, that'd have been neat.
  • I'm thinking about the city backdrop here. It's like a wall; an indistinct 'other place'. The tendency for people or society to shun the elderly is suggested there, whether intentional or not.
  • "I wonder how the Vancouver Film School puts out so many skilled animators... and I wish I had the money and resources to enroll there."
    ALL these animations are simply advertisements to get more students.
  • Thanks! The score was composed by Brett Anthony, formerly of the Sound Design faculty.
  • I duno if it was a well crafted short or raw luck, but you hit a very high emotional bit at the end there .... well done !
  • very beautiful :']
  • I seen this before and I m still half crazy for the video and the song It give an idea to create something new

No comments: